Mount Olive, N.C. --- The University of Mount Olive baseball team picked up a 15-7 win over Saint Augustine's University Tuesday afternoon in Mount Olive, N.C.
Score: Mount Olive 15, Saint Augustine's 7
Records: Mount Olive (7-3), Saint Augustine's (5-8)
Location: Scarborough Field, Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive struck first in the bottom of the first as Zach Mozingo picked up Ricky Surum and Drew Ellis, who reached base to lead-off the game, by clearing the bases with a three-run home run to right to give the Trojans the lead.
- UMO went on to tack on multiple runs in the third through sixth innings ballooning the Trojans lead to 15-1 heading into the top of the seventh.
- Saint Augustine's fought back in the top of the seventh as the Falcons added six runs, off five hits, with two Trojan errors, and the lead was trimmed to 15-7. Mount Olive, however, did not allow the score to get any closer as the Trojans took the final score of 15-7.
- Trey Pate (1-0) picked up the win on the hill for Mount Olive as he went six and two-thirds allowing seven runs, two earned, off seven hits and struck out three.
- Zach Mozingo led the way offensively as the senior went 3-for-4 with five RBI.
Mount Olive returns to action on Wednesday as the Trojans will take on Catawba in a non-conference matchup at 4 p.m. in Salisbury, N.C.