MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. --- No. 7 University of Mount Olive dropped a non-conference tilt with the Indians of Catawba College 9-4 on Tuesday afternoon in Mount Olive, N.C.
Catawba 9, Mount Olive 4
Records: Mount Olive (5-3, 0-0 CC) Catawba (4-9, 0-0 SAC)
Location: Scarborough Field, Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive found itself down in an early hole as Catawba scored four runs in the top of the first inning.
- Catawba continued to pour on the runs in the top of the third as four more runs came across to score and the Indians took an 8-0 lead.
- The Trojans finally fought back to score a run in the bottom of the fifth on a Justin Lee groundout.
- Mount Olive tried to rally back scoring two runs in the second and a single run in the bottom of the seventh, but that was all they could manage as the Trojans fell 9-4.
- Sam Guckin (1-1) was pinned with the loss as he allowed four runs, one earned, off one hit in his one-third of an inning worked.
Mount Olive will remain at Scarborough Field for a three-game series against Davis & Elkins College beginning Saturday with a doubleheader. First pitch is set for 12 p.m.