MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. --- No. 11 University of Mount Olive Trojans defeated the Tornado of King University 7-2 Sunday afternoon in the series finale in Bristol, Tenn.
Mount Olive 7, King 2
Records: Mount Olive (17-6, 8-3 CC) King (10-11, 5-5 CC)
Location: King Baseball Field, Bristol, Tenn.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive kicked off the final game of the three-game series with King by loaded the bases right out of the gate.
- Blake McLean got a base hit, Joe Mason drew a walk and JT Stone got with a single to center to help start the offense for UMO.
- Nate Estes drove in the first run with a sacrifice fly to right center.
- Following an out, Junior Snow scored the second and third runs for Mount Olive with an RBI-single to left and the Trojans took a 3-0 lead.
- UMO went onto add three more runs in the top of the third on a two-RBI double by Zack Smith and a Snow RBI-single into left.
- The Trojans added a run in the fourth on a sequence of wild pitches from King.
- King was able to put up a single run in the fourth on a bases-loaded hit-by-pitch and drew the deficit to 6-1.
- Mount Olive held the Tornado to a single run in the bottom of the ninth despite KU having the bases loaded and the Trojans took the final game 7-2.
- Caleb Irwin (4-0) picked up the win going five complete surrendering a run off four hits and struck out six.
- Junior Snow led the team with three RBI, going 2-for-4 at the dish.
Mount Olive will stay on the road to take on Georgia College in a neutral site game at the Lexington County Baseball Stadium in Lexington, S.C. First pitch is set for 6:00 p.m.