MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team fell 91-75 in a non-conference regional showdown against the Patriots of Francis Marion University on Wednesday evening in Kornegay Arena.
Score: Francis Marion 91, Mount Olive 75
Records: Mount Olive (6-3), Francis Marion (6-0)
Location: Mount Olive, N.C. | Kornegay Arena
How It Happened
- FMU opened the game scoring the first five points and held their lead until the 15:56 mark when Tayon Gleaves made a layup to go up 8-7.
- The teams tied the score up three times before UMO took a five-point lead 26-21 at the 10:25 mark.
- Mount Olive took their largest lead of the game of seven points, following a pair of free throws by Emmanuel Patton putting the score at 42-35.
- In the final four minutes of the half, the Patriots went on a 9-6 run to trail by four at halftime 50-46.
- Francis Marion opened the second half on a 20-7 run through the first six minutes of action.
- UMO came back from a nine-point deficit to trail by three 69-66 following a Dominique Tham layup at 10:52 on the clock.
- The Trojans kept it close for a couple minutes until the Patriots went on a 10-3 run taking a 10-point lead, 85-75 with just over five minutes to play.
- The Patriots closed the game out on a 6-0 run following a three and a half minute scoreless drought for both teams to defeat the Trojans 91-75.
- Tayon Gleaves led the Trojans with 19 points.
- Dominique Tham recorded his second double-double of the season with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
- The Trojans were outscored in the second half 45-25.
- Despite the Trojans losing the game, they had five players in double digits compared to the Patriots three.
- UMO held FMU's leading scorer Detrek Browning to 22 points, three under his per game average.
Mount Olive hits the road as the Trojans travel to Gaffney, S.C. on Saturday, December 16, to face Limestone in Conference Carolinas action. Tip-off between the Trojans and the Saints is set for 4 p.m.