DUE WEST, S.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team fought back after being down at the half to defeat Erskine College 70-61 in Conference Carolinas action Saturday afternoon in Due West S.C. Cameron Robinson led the Trojans with 17 points through 27 minutes played.
Score: Mount Olive 70, Erskine 61
Records: Mount Olive (14-5, 10-0), Erskine (6-11, 2-7)
Location: Due West, S.C.
How It Happened
- Mount Olive opened the game with a Jamaal Matin three-pointer as the Trojans took the first points 11 seconds into the game.
- Erskine broke a five-all tie at the 18-minute mark with a 14-1 run to push their lead out to 19-6 with 14:01 remaining in the first half.
- The Flying Fleet held a ten point advantage over the next five minutes of play until UMO's Armond Griebe made two free-throws to bring the deficit under double figures at 25-16 with 9:20 on the clock.
- Erskine did not allow their lead to fall below seven for the remainder of the half and took a 37-28 lead into the break.
- UMO came out in the second half down nine and tried to push the score back in the Trojans' favor, but did not see the score tied until the 11:24 mark when Cameron Robinson hit a three-point jump shot to tie the game at 50.
- Cameron Robinson with 10:59 left in the half again lifted Mount Olive, this time with a three-pointer that gave UMO a 53-52 lead, its first lead since the opening possession.
- Mount Olive held on to the lead for the remainder of the game working up to a 10-point cushion with over two minutes left in the game.
- Dominique Tham recorded the last made shot as his jumper with 37 seconds sealed the 70-61 win for the Trojans.
- Cameron Robinson led the Trojan offense with 17 points and added three assists.
- Matin was the only other Trojan to score in double figures as he finished the afternoon with 13 points, eight assists, and five rebounds.
- UMO connected on 10 three-pointers throughout the contest shooting 47.6% from behind the arc.
- Mount Olive went 14-of-17 from the charity stripe as Erskine committed 17 fouls in the game.
- The Trojan bench continued to shine as they tallied 44 points compared to the Flying Fleet's 6.
UMO returns to action on Tuesday evening as the team comes home to Kornegay Arena for the fourth annual Piggly Wiggly Black Out Night. Mount Olive will host Southern Wesleyan for a women's and men's doubleheader that begins at 5:30 p.m.