BRISTOL, TENN. - The University of Mount Olive men's basketball fell to the Tornado of King University 79-54 on Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas action in Bristol, Tenn.
Score: King 79, Mount Olive 54
Records: Mount Olive (15-7, 11-2), King (13-8, 8-3)
Location: Bristol, Tenn.
How It Happened
- The score sat tied at nine all through the opening five and a half minutes of play.
- King went up by four, 15-11, but a Tayon Gleaves three closed the gap to one with just under 10 to play.
- Mount Olive took a slim one-point lead, 22-21, at the 6:43 mark following an 8-6 run.
- The Trojans held a 25-24 lead with 2:56 remaining in the half but the Tornado closed out the opening 20 minutes on a 7-2 run taking the 31-27 lead into the break.
- King come out of halftime going up by 12 points in the first four minutes to lead 39-27.
- The Tornado increased their lead to 18, 49-31, on a 10-4 run with 12:35 remaining.
- Mount Olive could not climb back within range of the Tornado as King ran away with the 25-point win 79-54.
- Dominique Tham was the only Trojan to score in double-digits with 15 points.
- Cameron Robinson was limited to eight points while Jamaal Matin scored just two.
Mount Olive is back in action next Saturday, February 3, as they return to Mount Olive to host North Greenville. The Trojans and Crusaders will faceoff at 6 p.m.inside Kornegay Arena for more Conference Carolinas action.