MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's basketball team fell to the Lions of Emmanuel College 77-60 in Conference Carolinas action at Kornegay Arena in Mount Olive, N.C. on Wednesday evening.
Score: Emmanuel 77, Mount Olive 60
Records: Mount Olive (17-9, 12-4), Emmanuel (15-9, 9-5)
Location: Kornegay Arena | Mount Olive, N.C.
How It Happened
- Emmanuel opened the game going up 8-4 over Mount Olive through the first three minutes of action.
- A minute and a half later the Trojans took a one-point lead, 10-9, on a three-pointer by Jamaal Matin that spurred a back-and-forth battle for control of the score.
- The Lions took a four-point lead, 18-14, following a 9-4 run, before the Trojans went on an 8-0 run of their own to go ahead 23-18.
- The score tied up at 25 all at the 5:26 mark following a three-pointer by the Lions, spurring a 9-5 run by Emmanuel that closed out the half with the score sitting at 34-30 heading into halftime.
- Emmanuel opened up a 10-point lead six and a half minutes into the second half following an 11-5 run by the Lions.
- Mount Olive battled back within a point, 48-47, with under ten minutes to play, but Emmanuel pulled away as they closed out the game on a 29-13 run to win 77-60 over the Trojans.
- Tayon Gleaves led all scorers with 19 points.
- Armond Griebe tallied 10 points and eight rebounds for UMO.
- The Lions outrebounded the Trojans 44-34.
Mount Olive is back at Kornegay Arena on Tuesday, Feb. 20, for Matthews Motors and Military Appreciation night as Limestone comes to town for Conference Carolinas competition. The Trojans and Saints will tipoff at 7:30 p.m. in game two of the doubleheader following the women's game that starts at 5:30 p.m.