SNOW HILL, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive men's golf team climbed up three spots in the final round to take 4th at the 2019 Conference Carolinas Championship Tournament Tuesday afternoon at Cutter Creek Golf Club in Snow Hill, N.C. Patrick Schweitz and Arthur Heinbach just missed all-tournament team honors by a stroke after the final round.
Score: Mount Olive (302-305-281-888)
Field: 9 teams (2 inside Top-50 Nationally) | 45 Golfers
Location: Cutter Creek Golf Club, Par 72 7,191 yards- Snow Hill, N.C.
Inside The Scorecard
|Name||Round One||Round Two||Round Three||Total||Place|
|Patrick Schweitz||74||78||69||221||T-12th/72 golfers|
- Patrick Schweitz led the Trojans shooting 221 for the tournament and started his final round with back-to-back birdies off the No. 10 tee box.
- After making the turn Schweitz collected two more birdies to go along with his three from the back nine to be as low as four-under through 15.
- Schweitz finished his tournament with a bogey and dropped to three under and tied for 12th just missing all-tournament by one stroke.
- Arthur Heinbach joined Schweitz at T-12 after he was even through the back nine and chipped in three birdies on the front nine but a bogey on No. 8 dropped him back a stroke as well and he finished with a 221 for the tournament.
- Olle Ryberg moved up one spot after shooting his lowest round of the tournament with a 72 to take a 225 for the championship and finish 20th.
- Chandler Perry concluded the round of Trojans all shooting their best round on the final day as he concluded his tournament with a 75 on the day and a 228 for the tournament and finished t-29.
- Mount Olive shot their lowest round of the year on the final day with a 281.
UMO's season has come o an end following the conclusion of the conference tournament.