OAKWOOK, Ga. - The 8th nationally ranked University of Mount Olive men's cross country team finished second overall at the NCAA Divison II Southeast Regionals to advance to the NCAA Nationals for the seventh consecutive year.
Location: Oakwood, Ga.
INSIDE THE RESULTS
|Name||Time||Team Score||Event Finish||Individual Record|
|Team Total||2:43:02.30||78||2nd of 22 teams||-|
- The Trojans advance to the NCAA Division II Nationals held on Dec. 1 in Pittsboro, Penn., for the seventh consecutive year.
- Junior Tai Smith led the Trojans finishing ninth overall with a time of 32:12.20. Smith set a new PR in the men's 10K with his time of 32:12.20 and jumped from 21st to 10th in the UMO records.
- Jacob Gonzalez's time of 32:23.18 is a new PR for the sophomore from Four Oaks, N.C. Gonzalez shaved nearly three minutes off his time from last season to finish 11th overall in the race. He also now sits 15th in the UMO Top-32 jumping up from 27th.
- Jereamy Hall, who finished 16th, shaved three seconds off of his previous personal record of 32:42.
- A newcomer who has made a splash this season is junior transfer Jacob Willis who finished 18th at the 2018 regionals. Willis' time of 32:44.21 lands him in the Top-32 as he claims 21st in the UMO records.
- Freshman Jay Hall finished just inside the Top-25 at the 2018 regionals bringing home a 24th place finish. Hall's performance also lands him in the UMO Top-32 as he moves into 26th with a time of 33:02.77.
AWARDS & HONORS
The top-25 runners at regionals earn a spot on the All-Region Team. Representing the Trojans this year are:
The Trojans will gear up for the NCAA Division II Nationals at Schenley Park in Pittsburgh, Pa. set for December 1.