FRANKLIN SPRINGS, GA. – The University of Mount Olive women's basketball team beat Emmanuel College 77-75 in the Conference Carolinas opener on Saturday afternoon in Franklin Springs, Ga.
Score: Mount Olive 77, Emmanuel 75
Records: Emmanuel College (4-2, 2-1), Mount Olive (3-5, 1-0)
Location: Franklin Springs, Ga.
How It Happened
- After the teams traded points in the opening minutes, Mount Olive gained a six-point lead, 12-6, at the 5:05 mark.
- Over the next three and a half minutes the Lions went on a 10-3 run taking a one-point lead 16-15.
- UMO tied the game at 16 all but a made three-pointer by Emmanuel gave them a 19-16 advantage through the opening 10 minutes.
- The teams went back and forth through most of the second quarter until the Trojans tied the game at 27 all just before the four-minute mark.
- Emmanuel went on a 12-5 run in the final minutes taking a 39-32 lead into halftime.
- Mount Olive came out of the half with a 9-4 run pulling within two points of Emmanuel, 43-41 at the 7:34 mark.
- The Lions countered with an 11-0 run going up 52-41 over the Trojans.
- Emmanuel ended the third quarter with a 14 point lead up 62-48 over Mount Olive.
- UMO came back within six points following a 12-4 run capped by Ni'Ya Styles a layup.
- With 2:20 left in the game, the Trojans took a one-point lead, 71-70, over the Lions.
- The score tied up at 73 with just over a minute to play but the Trojans scored four-points off free-throws to win the game 77-75.
- Felecity Havens lead all scorers with 35 points shooting 13-25 from the field and 5-6 from the line.
- Hope Toliver scored 12 points and Styles tallied 9 on the afternoon.
- Jada Bacchus led everyone in rebounds with 10, seven coming on the defensive end.
- The Trojans outscored the Lions by 16 points in the 4th quarter with 29-13.
UMO is back in action when they return to Mount Olive to host the Hawks of Chowan University on Wednesday, December 6. First tip is set for 6 p.m. at Kornegay Arena.