HARTWELL, Ga. - The University of Mount Olive women's golf team held onto their second place spot after the final round of the 2019 Conference Carolinas Women's Golf Championship Tuesday afternoon in Hartwell, Ga. Mount Olive with the runner-up finish has their highest finish in program history since 2014. Two Trojans were also named to the All-Tournament Team.
Score: Mount Olive (323-310-323-956)
Field: 10 teams| 51 Golfers
Location: Cateechee Golf Club, Par 72 5,831 yards - Hartwell, Ga.
Round One Results | Round Two Results | Round Three Results
Inside The Scorecard
|Name||Round One||Round Two||Round Three||Total||Place|
|Johanna Andersson||77||78||80||235||8th/51 Golfers|
- Linn Andersson led the Trojans in the final round with a seven-over par performance. The freshman started the day even par through the No. 5 before a bogey on No. 6 stopped the streak and Andersson finished the front nine two-over. She had a rough back nine, but was brightened by a birdie on No. 16, the par three, and finished the tournament in a tie for ninth.
- Johanna Andersson remained Mount Olive's overall lowest scorer as the Junior shot an 80 in the final round and followed suit with her Swedish teammate shooting even par through the first five holes. She finished the front nine four-over and the back nine saw the same end result, however, her final four holes ended the round one-under securing the Trojans their second-place team finish.
- Linn Bergman had a great start to her final round as after shooting par on her first to holes the Junior picked up a birdie on No. 3 and was one-under until a bogey on No. 8 forced her to finish even at the turn. The second half of Bergman's round was not so favorable as she finished the back eight-over and landed in a tie for 14th.
- Mount Olive's 956 tournament score was the fifth-lowest in program history two strokes off tying for the third-lowest set back at the Conference Championship in 2016.
- Johanna Andersson and Linn Andersson were also named to the Conference Carolinas All-Championship Team with their top-10 finishes at the championship.
UMO concludes the season following the Conference Carolinas Championship.