CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The No. 24 Mount Olive Trojans fell to the Royals of No. 10 Queens University 15-5 in non-conference women's lacrosse action on Thursday afternoon at Dickson Field in Charlotte, N.C.
Score: No. 10 Queens 15 - No. 24 Mount Olive 5
Records: No. 24 Mount Olive (11-5), No. 10 Queens (14-2)
Location: Dickson Field | Charlotte, N.C.
How It Happened
- Queens started the game scoring three goals in the opening five minutes.
- A goal from freshman Meaghan Michaud halted the Royals run as she scored off a pass from Tiffany Lee at the 21:33 mark.
- The Royals added another trio of goals to take a 6-1 lead as the clock ticked down toward 17 minutes remaining in the opening half.
- Jackie Kaderabek closed the gap to four following an unassisted goal with 12:52 left to play.
- Queens went on a 6-0 run to close out the half and take a 12-2 lead into the halftime break.
- A total of six goals were scored in the second half with the teams trading goal for goal beginning with Queens who scored 22 seconds into the half.
- Skye Bradley (25:15) and Jackie Kaderabek (20:13) recorded unassisted goals and Jordan Shughrue scored the final goal of the game off a free position shot that put the final tallied at 15-5.
- Jakie Kaderabek scored a pair of goals for UMO while Meaghan Michaud, Skye Bradley, and Jordan Shughrue all tallied one.
- Siena Miller (L: 9-4) picked up the loss giving up 12 goals while making eight saves in 20 shots faced.
Mount Olive returns home to the friendly confines of the Ray McDonald Sr. Sports Complex to face the Valkyries of Converse College on Saturday, April 20. First draw between the Trojans and Valkyries is set for 4 PM and prior to the match, the eight seniors will be recognized for their hard work and dedication to the Trojan women's lacrosse program.