MOUNT OLIVE, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's tennis team fell to the Lions of Emmanuel College 6-3 in Conference Carolinas competition at the John Neal Walker Tennis Courts in Mount Olive, N.C.
INSIDE THE RESULTS
- Mount Olive came out of the doubles round trailing 2-1, as Sonja Gärtner/Areej Fareh were the lone Trojan duo to pick up a doubles win, winning 8-5 in the No. 1 flight.
- The Trojans went 2-4 in the singles rounds as they ultimately fell in the end 6-3 to the Lions.
- Gärtner got Mount Olive their second point as she won her singles game in three sets at the No. 1 position, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5. With her point, the Trojans trailed the Lions 3-2 with four singles games remaining.
- Fareh won the No. 3 flight in three sets including a tiebreaker first set, 7-6 (9-7), 1-6, 6-3, that tied the match score at three points per team.
- Emmanuel won out the remainder of the matches as the No. 2, 4, and 6 singles flights went down in order.
- Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (5,1,3,2,4,6).
The Trojans are back in action on March 27 as they travel to Conference Carolinas opponent Belmont Abbey College. First serve is set for 2 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon in Belmont, N.C., as both the men and women take on the Crusaders.