Misenheimer, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team swept Pfeiffer University, 25-13, 25-13, 25-12, in Conference Carolinas action Friday night.
Score: Mount Olive 3, Pfeiffer 0 (25-13), (25-13), (25-12)
Records: Mount Olive 7-5 (2-1); Pfeiffer 0-9 (0-4)
Location: Merner Gym
How It Happened
- The Trojans started the match off on the right foot by jumping out to an 8-4 lead early on.
- Junior Karley Pounds racked up five kills during the first set to lead UMO.
- The Trojans hit .243 in the first, while Pfeiffer hit .000.
- Of the 13 points scored by the Falcons, only three came via a kill.
- UMO opened the set on a tear powered by four service aces in the first five points by freshman Kamber Skeen.
- After grabbing a 7-1 lead, the Trojans weathered a small run from Pfeiffer before UMO took control with a 7-1 run.
- Mount Olive finished the set with a kill by junior Mackenzie Call off an assist by freshman Lauren Maltzahn.
- The Trojans recorded six service aces in the set to help power the 25-13 victory.
- Mount Olive limited the Falcons to only two leads during the entire match, both coming in the third set, at 1-0 and 2-1.
- After trailing 2-1, UMO began a 6-0 run to pull away from Pfeiffer for good.
- The Trojans ended the match in style with an 8-1 run, capped off by a service ace by freshman Natalie Perez.
- UMO hit a match-high .429 with just three errors in the final set.
- Pounds led the Trojans with 11 kills while compiling a .333 hitting percentage.
- UMO was paced by Call and juniors Britni Johnson and Casey Fiechter with nine digs each.
- Skeen amassed 22 assists to go along with four service aces for Mount Olive.
The Trojans return to action Saturday at 3 p.m. to wrap-up the weekend against Belmont-Abbey College in Belmont, North Carolina.