Mount Olive, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team swept Pfeiffer University, 25-14, 25-16, 25-13, in Conference Carolinas action Friday night.
Score: Mount Olive 3, Pfeiffer 0 (25-14), (25-16), (25-13)
Records: Mount Olive 9-8 (4-4); Pfeiffer 0-14 (0-8)
Location: Kornegay Arena
How It Happened
- The Trojans took an early 2-1 lead and never relinquished the advantage.
- Pfeiffer cut the UMO lead to 13-9, but the Trojans responded by finishing the set on a 12-5 run.
- The Trojans hit .419 in the first set, while Pfeiffer hit just .048.
- Juniors Mackenzie Call and Karley Pounds and freshman Natalie Perez all amassed four kills in the first frame.
- Pfeiffer battled to keep the set close early on, as the Trojans held just an 8-7 advantage.
- UMO mounted a 7-2 run to force a Falcon timeout at 15-9.
- Mount Olive finished the set on a 10-5 run, capped off by a kill by Pounds off an assist by freshman Kamber Skeen.
- The Trojans recorded a season-high .458 attacking percentage in the second set.
- The Trojans struggled to put away Pfeiffer early in the third set, as the Falcons jumped out to a 9-8 lead.
- UMO promptly responded with a 7-0 run that forced a Falcon timeout.
- Mount Olive finished off the match with a 7-3 run in the closing points of the set.
- Call and Pounds each recorded 11 kills in the victory to lead UMO.
- UMO was paced by Skeen who tallied 21 assists, 10 digs, and four service aces in the match.
- Mount Olive amassed 11 service aces in the match.
- The Trojans' .412 attacking percentage is UMO's best in a match since Mount Olive hit .417 in a three-set sweep of Pfeiffer on November 11, 2012.
- UMO's nine wins are the Trojans' most in a season since 14 victories in 2013.
The Trojans return to action Saturday at 1 p.m. to wrap-up the weekend against Belmont Abbey College in Kornegay Arena.