Mount Olive, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team dropped a three-set match to Belmont Abbey College in Conference Carolinas action Saturday afternoon.
Score: Belmont Abbey 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-22), (25-14), (25-22)
Records: Mount Olive 9-9 (4-5); Belmont Abbey 10-9 (8-2)
Location: Kornegay Arena
How It Happened
- The Trojans held their largest lead at 13-7 on the heels of a 6-0 run.
- Belmont Abbey slowly crept back, tying the set at 22-22.
- The Crusaders closed the set on a 3-0 run to take the set victory.
- UMO hit just -.049 with 10 errors in the set to the Crusaders' .079.
- UMO opened the set on a 7-3 run.
- Belmont Abbey stormed back utilizing a 22-7 run to win the set 25-14.
- The Crusaders hit a match-high .364 in the second frame, while the Trojans hit .067.
- Mount Olive showed plenty of fight in what would be the final stanza, as the Trojans held the lead throughout much of the early portion of the set.
- Belmont Abbey took an 18-13 and looked to be pulling away, as UMO responded with a 7-2 run to knot the set at 20-20.
- In the closing points, Belmont Abbey slipped past the Trojans with a 5-2 to seal the match victory.
- Juniors Mi"Kayla Benson and Karley Pounds each recorded eight kills.
- UMO was led by junior Mackenzie Call, who tallied 12 digs to aid the Trojans.
- Freshman Kamber Skeen led the Trojans in assists with 26.
Mount Olive hits the road October 14 and 15. The Trojans open the weekend with a 7 p.m. match with Lees-McRae College in Banner Elk, N.C. before travelling to King University on Saturday for a 2 p.m. match in Bristol, Tennessee.