Wilson, N.C. – The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team dropped a three-set match to Barton College in Conference Carolinas action Tuesday night.
Score: Barton 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-20), (25-15), (25-18)
Records: Mount Olive 10-14 (5-7); Barton 15-7 (10-1)
Location: Wilson Gymnasium
How It Happened
- The Trojans came out of the gate fast taking and early lead and continuing to push Barton.
- UMO took a 20-19 lead late in the set, but could not finish, as the Bulldogs closed the frame on a 5-0 run to earn the victory.
- Seven errors haunted the Trojans in a tightly-contested first stanza.
- Barton showcased some of its strength by taking an early 2-1 lead and never relinquishing it.
- Errors continued to be key, as UMO committed nine to just three for the Bulldogs.
- In what would be the final set, Mount Olive did not let Barton walk away with an easy victory.
- The Trojans tied it at 12-12 as it looked like UMO had shifted momentum to its side.
- Barton responded with a 5-2 run in route to a 25-18 set win.
- Junior Mi'Kayla Benson led UMO with eight kills.
- Chipping in 23 assists was freshman Kamber Skeen.
- Junior Casey Fiechter recorded a team-high 13 digs.
Mount Olive returns home for a pair of Conference Carolinas matches at Kornegay Arena. On Friday UMO battles Lees-McRae College at 7 pm before wrapping up the weekend on Saturday with a showdown with King University at 2 pm.