Recap by Davyd Powell, Athletics Communications Student Assistant
Mount Olive, NC. – The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team dropped a three-set match to Lees-McRae College in Conference Carolinas action Friday evening.
Score: Lees-McRae 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-19), (25-20), (25-18)
Records: Mount Olive 10-15 (5-8); Lees-McRae 10-15 (6-7)
Location: Kornegay Arena
How It Happened
• The Trojans had a slow start early on as the Bobcats were able to take a 5-2 lead.
• UMO worked itself back into the game cutting the deficit to 9-6.
• The Bobcats were able to make a run late from a 15-11 lead that eventually led to the 25-19 victory.
• The Trojans were able to hold on in the beginning of this set giving Lees-McRae a scare by keeping the game close and forcing the Bobcats to take a timeout to regroup.
• The Trojans were able to make a comeback in the middle of the set taking the lead 16-15 in what looked like a possible win for UMO.
• UMO attempted to hang onto that lead but fell short in the end of the set falling to the Bobcats 25-20.
• Mount Olive showed plenty of fight in what would be the final set of the night for UMO, as the Trojans kept the Bobcats in the crosshairs.
• The Trojans were able to keep it close the entire set until fading late allowing the Bobcats to make a run winning the final set 25-18, sweeping the Trojans at home.
Mount Olive takes on King (Tenn.) in Kornegay Arena for a Conference Carolinas matchup on October 29 in Mount Olive, N.C.