Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in three sets to North Greenville on Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas competition at Kornegay Arena in Mount Olive, N.C.
Score: North Greenville 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-16)
Records: Mount Olive 6-7, 3-1; North Greenville 6-6, 3-2
Location: Kornegay Arena
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Crusaders opened the match going up 6-1 over the Trojans.
- UMO cut the lead to two, 6-4 before NGU went on a 9-5 run putting the score at 15-9.
- The Trojans countered with their own 5-1 run pulling back within two points of the Crusaders, 16-14.
- Following an NGU timeout, the Crusaders closed out the first set on an 11-4 spurt winning 25-18 over the Trojans.
- Things looked promising for the Trojans in the second set as they opened the game with their own 7-2 lead.
- North Greenville came back to tie the game 10 all on an 8-3 run to get back in the set.
- The Trojans tied the game at 13 all but the Crusaders crept ahead as they closed out the set on a 12-5 run winning 25-18 and heading into the intermission with a 2-0 lead in the match.
- NGU opened the third set going up by four points, 8-4, over UMO.
- Mount Olive came within two points, 10-8, but North Greenville pulled away on a 10-4 run going up 20-12.
- The Trojans scored four more points in the set but the Crusaders lead was too great to overcome as they won set three 25-16 and the match 3-0.
UMO returns to action on Tuesday, Sept. 26, as the Barton College Bulldogs come to Mount Olive, N.C. for a midweek Conference Carolinas contest. First serve is set for 7 p.m. and for those who cannot come out to support the Trojans in person, you can watch the match on the Trojans Sports Network or follow the live stats at umotrojans.com.