Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in three sets to King University on Saturday afternoon in Conference Carolinas competition at Kornegay Arena.
Score: King University 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-14, 25-22, 25-15)
Records: Mount Olive 8-10, 4-4; King 7-9, 3-4
Location: Kornegay Arena
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Trojans opened the match going up 4-3 before the Tornado went on a six-point run taking a 9-4 lead.
- King grew their lead to nine, 16-7, midway through the set following several UMO errors.
- UMO tried to cut the King lead but the advantage was too great as the Tornado took the first set 25-14.
- The second set was more competitive with both teams fighting for control of the scoreboard with Mount Olive gaining a slight lead 7-5.
- The Trojans opened up a five-point lead 14-9 following four kills, an ace and some errors by the Tornado.
- King fought back to tie the score at 15 and took a two-point lead forcing the Trojan timeout.
- Mount Olive tied the set at 19 but King went on a rally scoring six points to close out the set 25-22.
- King continued to ride the momentum they gathered throughout the match into the third set going up by six, 10-4, right out of the gate.
- The Trojans went on a 6-3 run putting the score at 13-7 as they tried to stay within reach of the Tornado.
- Seven consecutive points for King put them ahead by 13 points with the score sitting at 20-7.
- Mount Olive scored eight points in the end, but King held too large of an advantage as they won the third set 25-15 and the match 3-0.
UMO returns to action on Tuesday, Oct. 10, as they host Chowan in a midweek NCAA Division II contest. First serve is set for 6 p.m. and for those who cannot come out to support the Trojans in person, you can watch the match on the Trojans Sports Network or follow the live stats at umotrojans.com.