Mount Olive, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive women's volleyball team fell in three sets to the Crusaders of Belmont Abbey College Friday night in Conference Carolinas competition at Kornegay Arena.
Score: Belmont Abbey 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-20, 25-17, 25-13)
Records: Mount Olive 8-12, 4-5; Belmont Abbey 9-7, 5-2
Location: Kornegay Arena
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The match opened up with some competitive action as both teams battled point-for-point early in the set.
- Following a 10-10 tie, the Crusaders pulled away on a 10-3 run.
- UMO went on a 7-3 run of their own to pull within three of BAC.
- The Crusader lead was just wide enough as they won the first set 25-20.
- Set two began much like the first with the teams fighting for control with the score tying four times before Belmont Abbey took a 7-6 lead.
- The Crusaders pulled ahead by seven, 13-6, as the Trojans called a timeout.
- BAC continued to increase the point spread as they went on a 12-11 run closing out the set 25-17.
- Belmont came out in the third set scoring the first three points following the intermission and Senior Night ceremony.
- The Trojans came back scoring the next four points and began a battle for control of the match.
- BAC took an 8-7 lead that they would not relinquish as the Crusaders won the set 25-13 and the match 3-0.
UMO returns to action on Tuesday, Oct. 17, as they head to Chowan in a midweek NCAA Division II contest. First serve is set for 6 p.m. in Murfreesboro, N.C.