BANNER ELK, N.C. - The University of Mount Olive fell in three sets to the Bobcats of Lees-McRae on Saturday afternoon in the regular season finale of Conference Carolinas women's volleyball action in Banner Elk, N.C.
Score: Lees-McRae College 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-19, 25-21, 25-23)
Records: Mount Olive 10-18, 5-9; Lees McRae College 7-18, 4-10
Location: Banner Elk, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The match opened with the Trojans taking an early two-point lead, 6-4.
- Lees-McRae came back to take their own two-point lead, 8-6, before Mount Olive came back to tie the set at nine all.
- The Bobcats crept away going up 14-9 on five consecutive points.
- LMC's lead continued to grow going up by seven, 22-15.
- UMO tried to come back but the Bobcat lead was too great as they won the first set 25-19.
- Set two opened with the teams going back and forth trading points and the lead four different times before Lees-McRae took a two-point lead 7-5.
- A 6-2 Bobcat rally forced the Trojans to call a timeout to regroup as they trailed 13-7.
- Coming out of the timeout, LMC extended their lead to eight as they went up 19-11 midway through the set.
- The Trojans trailed 22-15 before they went on a four-point run to pull within three points, 22-19.
- Lees-McRae halted the UMO come back as they put away the final three points to take the second set 25-21.
- Mount Olive changed the momentum of the game as they opened the third set going up 7-3 forcing the Lees-McRae timeout.
- The Trojans lead grew to six, 13-7 on four kills and several LMC errors.
- The Bobcats came back to tie the set at 19 all following four straight points coming out of their own called timeout.
- UMO went ahead by two, 21-19, but the Bobcats tied it up again at 21 all.
- The score tied two more times before a couple of Trojan errors gave the Bobcats the third set 25-23 and the match 3-0.
The No. 4 seed Mount Olive is back in action on Tuesday, Nov. 7, as they travel to the No. 1 seeded North Greenville, of the South Division, for the quarterfinal match of the Conference Carolinas women's volleyball tournament. Game time is set for 6:30 p.m. in Tigerville, S.C.