TIGERVILLE, S.C. - The University of Mount Olive fell to North Greenville University in three sets in the Conference Carolinas quarterfinals on Tuesday evening in Tigerville, S.C.
Score: North Greenville 3, Mount Olive 0 (25-16, 25-14, 25-22)
Records: Mount Olive 10-19, 5-9; North Greenville 20-9, 11-4
Location: Tigerville, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- UMO opened the match scoring the first three points of the game but NGU quickly bounced back to go up 11-5.
- The Trojans pulled within five points, trailing 16-11, but the Crusaders went on to win the set 25-16 as they closed out the set on a 9-5 run.
- The two squads were equal through the opening serves of the second set but NGU opened up a six-point lead, 12-6.
- UMO could not catch NGU who ran away on a 13-8 run to win set two 25-14.
- North Greenville and Mount Olive traded points until the Crusaders went up by three, 8-5.
- The Trojans came back to take a two-point lead 11-9 before the Crusaders took their own two-point lead 13-11 after a 4-0 run.
- The teams knotted up at 16 for the last tie of the game.
- Neither team gained more than a three-point lead but the Crusaders held off the Trojans to win the third set 25-22 and match 3-0.
The Trojans season comes to a close with the 3-0 loss to NGU. UMO went 10-19 overall and 5-9 in Conference Carolinas competition.